Google My Business (GMB) is a popular tool that helps companies and organizations manage their online presence across Google.
If you have recently registered your company on GMB, or are thinking about doing so, please be aware that you will NOT receive a phone call from a Google representative asking you for credit card information.
If you do receive a phone call from a Google representative asking you to verify your account by giving them your credit card details over the phone, hang up immediately as THIS IS A SCAM.
PROTECT YOURSELF FROM NON-LEGITIMATE PHONE CALLS
Not all calls from Google are fake, from time to time google may call to verify your listing or confirm your Google business account. To help identify if the call is legitimate or not, please see the list “Things google will NEVER do” below:
- Google will never charge you for inclusion in Google My Business or Google Search. It is free to add your site for both of these.
- Google will never offer to improve your search ranking or manage your business’ online profile. If you are interested in this, FPM3 can assist with this service, but Google will not.
- Ask you for your password or verification code. THIS IS IMPORTANT! Never give this information to anyone who calls you. Google will never need this information.
- Place robocalls.
- Click here for a full list of current Google Scams to help keep you safe
WHAT TO DO IF YOU REALIZE YOU ARE ON A SCAM CALL?
- Hang up and Report them. Google provides a form to report scams. Click here to report a violation to visit the Google support page
- Never provide your credit card details to an unverified source.
If you have any concerns about your Google My Business listing or are looking to increase your ranking and/or business profile, please do not hesitate to contact us, as we are more then happy to help!