Lifesavers Park Extreme Makeover
It is with true great honour and privilege to have Lifesavers Park named the finalist for Hamilton’s 2015 Extreme Park Makeover. FPM3 adopted Lifesavers Park back in spring of 2013 in an effort to revitalize the community through litter and debris cleanup, restoring park equipment, raking leaves, mulching and even scooping up dog poop. At the end of the day, hard work pays off.
The extreme makeover will include an entire revitalization of Lifesavers Park. The project will include the following:
- Paved pathway – a new asphalt pathway will be installed joining the two entrances to the park
- Basketball court – resurfacing of the basketball course with new promotional backboards
- Concrete work – two concrete pads will be installed to hold the new bike rack and bike repair/air station
- Solar AC Power Energy System – installation of ProQuip’s new product called the Park N’ Charge
- Play Structure Area – CSA Safety Base Improvement and the metal play structure will be painted and refreshed
- Art Murals – art mural panels will be installed on the chain-link fence of the park
- Outdoor movie theatre – a place to encourage outdoor enjoyment of the neighbourhood park as a gathering place for children and families to enjoy together
The icing on the cake is the celebration event which will take place Sunday, June 7th, at 5:00pm. We highly encourage the neighbourhood community to join in on the festivities as FPM3 roll out the summer fun with a revitalized and revamped Lifesavers Park for everyone to enjoy!