Remove anti virus android apps immediately!!!
Don’t you love those pop up ads from those security app you downloaded? There a millions of options on the Google Play store to choose from…the biggest question is which of those are safe? It’s like buying hand sanitizer with the flu virus built right into it… every time you think you’re cleaning it’s just making you sick.
Android devices continue are challenged with the challenge of once again being a perpetrator of how phones are getting their information send to hackers and even more done through Google Play store that people download software for the very purpose of protection.
It was announced that several antivirus apps have been compromised and recently removed from Google Play app store due to the fact that they have installed malware on millions of Android phones that cause havoc in addition to battery drain.
Attached is information of those apps that are concerning and if you have downloaded them for the purpose of protecting your operating systems, then you should remove them immediately.
These malicious apps are using your personal information with permissions you’ve given when you first installed the free version of anti malware apps to third-party apps. Then the malicious app in some cases even requests for payments to remove the pop-up ads
It is always critical to ensure that you have the proper malware and antivirus software but you should always use software from a legitimate company. McAfee, Norton etc. below is a list of the apps that have been removed from Google Play that you would want to and sure you don’t have them on your phone
Here is the full list of the 15 free anti-virus android malware apps unearthed by VPNpro with dangerous permission
• Security Master – Antivirus, VPN, AppLock, Booster | 500 million installs
• Virus Cleaner, Antivirus, Cleaner (MAX Security) | 50 million installs
• Antivirus Free 2019 – Scan & Remove Virus, Cleaner | 10 million installs
• 360 Security – Free Antivirus, Booster, Cleaner | 100 million installs
• Virus Cleaner 2019 – Antivirus, Cleaner & Booster | 50 million installs
• Super Phone Cleaner: Virus Cleaner, Phone Cleaner | 50 million installs
• 360 Security Lite – Booster, Cleaner, AppLock | 50 million installs
• Super Cleaner – Antivirus, Booster, Phone Cleaner | 100 million installs
• Clean Master – Antivirus, Applock & Cleaner | 1 billion installs
• Super Security – Antivirus, Booster & AppLock | 10 million installs
• Antivirus Free – Virus Cleaner | 50 million installs
• Antivirus Free 2019 – Virus Cleaner | 1 million installs
• Antivirus Android | 1 million installs
• Antivirus & Virus Cleaner | 10 million installs
It’s also worth noting that six of these malicious software apps are based in China!