BlackBerry Explosion

by: Adam

Have you ever noticed that at least once a year someone’s mobile device “explodes”? (Or at least they say it did.) Well the situation has come up once again just to keep the tales going. As this story goes, a BlackBerry Curve 9320 exploded after being unplugged. Kian McCreath, an 11-year old boy in the UK had just removed his phone from its charger before setting it on his bed. The phone then exploded, bursting into flames setting his bed on fire. 11-year old Kian was rushed to University Hospital Coventry with burns on his legs after having plastic burn to his skin. The parents of this young boy are demanding that RIM issue a recall on the device.    The demanded recall, I believe is extremely unnecessary although it is understandable for the parents to desire such a thing. I would also hope that if a product exploded and…