- Get a Quote
- Apply for a Job
- Hamilton, ON Canada - Web Developer (PHP, Wordpress, CSS)
- Apply for an Internship
The WordPress/PHP Web Developer is responsible for front-end layout (slicing) and development from scratch of websites that we manage. This position requires someone with patience but a passion to grow in an advanced marketing and website agency. We are focused on building the business to be ready for tomorrow’s technology. Knowledge in building WordPress websites from scratch or pre-built themes and making them flexible for client use, working with PayPal & Bambora API, e-newsletter technology like Mailchimp, and knowledge in SEO, Social Media Marketing is an absolute asset. Intermediate understanding of PHP/MySQL and working on Linux server is to your advantage.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Slicing and layout of websites as provided by the designers in Photoshop (PSD) format. Setting up hosting accounts, working with transferring of domains, setting up E-Commerce accounts, connecting through forms, submissions, layout of mobile responsive websites and working with our Mingle technology. Solving email and common web problems are all part of the wide variety of job functions. You will be assisting the Senior Web Developer in completing all required projects and tasks.
- Programming in Dreamweaver, WordPress, PHP, MySQL, HTML, HTML5
- Able to work with CMS websites and building of CMS websites without relying on pre-built templates/plugins and ability to build template from scratch (not just design it)
- Able to work with installation of SSL Certificates, domain forwarding, DNS and Email records, hosting transfers, etc.
- Works with other information systems staff to integrate data from other production systems for Web accessibility, and to interface Web transactions with other production systems.
- Develops and maintains intranet applications that support in-house management of transactional data from the web and from other production systems.
- Develops and maintains extranet applications which service vendors and clients doing business other FPM3 related web sites, including secure transmittal of data to and from external Web sites.
- Coordinates Web server hardware and software management, changes, and troubleshooting with a co-located hosting facility.
- Maintains current knowledge of Web technology and issues.
- An understanding of the social media coding (API) of Google, Twitter, Instagram and Facebook, etc.
- Uses knowledge of Web technology to recommend hardware, software, communications, security, and similar solutions to best meet other FPM3 related web sites needs.
- Participates in business needs and process analysis. Assists in the collection of business information reporting requirements and provides needed information.
Education and/or Experience: A degree in computer science or related field preferred. Equivalent experience considered. Two to four years related experience programming Web sites. Extensive experience building and maintaining MS-SQL databases and programming in PHP. Experience with sharing data between MS-SQL and other production systems.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Passion for FPM3’s mission, perfection, client services, and attaining ever higher goals.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Positive outlook and attitude
- Ability to multi-task
- Extremely detail oriented
- Well organized effective time management skills
- Ability to work independently
- Good listening and memory skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Team player
- Strong English writing and speaking skills
Pay scale: Negotiable based on experience, portfolio and completion of practical skills test
Schedule: Part-time, on call, project based, as needed, no set schedule of hours
How to apply: E-mail: email@example.com
Subject: WordPress/PHP Web Developer Position
Timeline to start: Immediate
Other remarks: This position has the opportunity to become full-time for the right candidate, based on fit, and volume of work in the agency.
Sign up to receive notices about important updates, new products and services, industry news, contests and more!